1.877.870.5610 | Contact | SiteMap
The Control Solution was most likely manufactured and distributed prior to the lot of strips that you have. Click Control Solutions Package Inserts to see the control package inserts on this website.
You may also call PTS Customer Service at:
+1 (877) 870-5610 (toll free inside US)
+1 (317) 870-5610 (outside US)
- What is the expiration date on the vial of strips?
-If the strips are not past their expiration date, check to make sure the date on the analyzer is set correctly. To check the date:
1. Press the "Enter" button until you see the RUN TEST display.
2. Press the "Next" button until USER SET displays.
3. Press the "Enter" button once and then press the "Next" button until SET DATE displays.
4. Press the "Enter" button three times to display MONTH, DAY and YEAR.
- To change the date, follow steps 1-4 above, but press the "Next" button followed by the "Enter" button to change the date. (Or you can turn the CardioChek off and turn it on and watch the display until the date is displayed.)
- Is the MEMo Chip installed properly? The notched side of the MEMo Chip faces up.
- Was the chip inserted before the analyzer was turned on? If so, press the "Enter" button twice so the analyzer can recognize that the MEMo Chip has been inserted.
- Results are above or below measuring range.
- High temperatures affect the strips. Has the vial of strips been stored in extreme conditions?
- Has the vial been tightly capped immediately after removing the test strip? (The test strips should not be removed from the vial for long periods of time because the strips are adversely affected by humidity.)
- Is the comparative laboratory method the same as the CardioChek method?
- Are you using whole blood? (Ketone is the only test strip that uses whole blood, serum, or plasma. All other test strips require fingerstick whole blood or venous whole blood collected in either EDTA or heparin tubes.)
- Is an adequate sample size used? Too much or too little blood may give an inaccurate result. Check your package insert for the correct sample size. (Most single tests require 15 µL; multiple test panels require 25 µL - 40 µL.) A capillary blood collector, capillary tube, or pipet must be used to ensure accurate dosing.
- Did you apply blood to the test strip with the test strip inserted in the analyzer? If not, the analyzer may not produce correct results.
- Have you changed the batteries?
- Does the check strip pass?
- Has the optical glass in the analyzer (where the strip is inserted) been cleaned properly?
- Check the back of the strip after testing. The membrane must be a uniform color. If there are any blotches, the test results may be affected. Test again with a fresh, unused test strip.
Polymer Technology Systems, Inc.7736 Zionsville Road | Indianapolis, IN | 46268 | USA
We develop and manufacture diagnostic tests for chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and other related medical conditions. Our products are distributed in more than 100 countries. More Contact Info
PTS, Inc. Acquires A1CNow and Expands Product Portfolio
PTS, Inc. Named to Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies for Third Time
PTS, Inc. Introduces CardioChek Plus Analyzer
PTS, Inc. Announces Two New Patents
PTS to Provide Point-of-Care Testing to Aegis Health Group's Hospital Clients
HRA Now Available!
New Products & New Performance Data
Download Performance Data
CardioChek®is FDA cleared and may be eligible for flexible spending account reimbursement.
©2013 Polymer Technology Systems, Inc. | 苏 ICP 备 11002895 号-2
Designed & Maintained by Shockoe Studios